Before I begin, allow me to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and a very timely Happy New Year! In case you were wondering exactly what happened to me, I'll start by explaining how I got a little caught up. If you'll recall (in other words, go back and look) from my previous entry, I mentioned that I attended a concert with a excellent young woman. Well, we've since started dating and it's been about three months now. Basically, I've been spending more time away from the computer, and that's why you haven't heard from me. For those interested that haven't found out already, her name is Jackie, she's from MN, and she's teaching here at the same school where I am.
What's happened?
I've taught, taught, taught, and taught. We did take one weekend trip to Dandong. If you'll look back at my post from last year, you'll find pretty much everything we did this time. In addition to last school year's trip, we also walked out the bridge that was taken out during the Korean War.
Opportunities:
We still have the Friday English corners going on. However this year we are not involved in those as often. Never the less, He is still using them and opportunities have been affording themselves almost as often as we go.
Jackie and I have also been asked to get involved in an English corner on Sunday afternoons as well. This one we attend on a weekly basis, and the time there is definitely well spent. Our text book is the Book, and we've given quite a few away. Right now, we've been splitting up into two groups. Jackie has been taking the girls, and I've been taking the guys. Most of the people that come to this English corner are college age students.
I've also had a few opportunities this semester to have some really good discussions with my Chinese teacher as well. This past semester I usually had him all to myself for at least 2 hrs every week. I've given him a Book, and he's been reading away.
Current Events:
Christmas was great. I got together with 14 other foreigners to have a Christmas brunch. We exchanged stocking stuffers, and just had a good time together. We went to a few other Christmas parties as well. Christmas Eve, I went to the local government church where they put on quite a performance (in Chinese). It was actually quite good, and the Message was proclaimed!
Classes are finished and we are now examining our students. We finish with exams the 11th of January, and then have a week of finishing stuff up before we get to the winter vacation.
That's about all for now folks. Sorry it's been so long. I'd write more, but supper is waiting, and so is Jackie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment